Careers at LIFE
If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Positions Currently Open:
LIFE COACH – Mashpee
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Experience with LD population; CPR & First Aid certification; Human Rights training; BS/BA in related field; “clean” driving record.
Life Coach/Case management is a service designed to assist residents in managing his/her life skills – household management, shopping, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, etc. Life Coaches are supervised weekly by the SIL Supervisor.
- For new residents, provides assessment of strengths and needs in all areas. For all current residents, writes Casework objectives for annual Goals Meeting and completes progress reviews.
- Meets individually with assigned residents according to pre-determined number of hours allocated, and provides additional hours as needed for issues of emergency or major concern.
- Assures that adequate attention is given to skill and growth of all areas in the resident’s life, in conjunction with the Money Manager and Employment Team, through weekly review, and helps prioritize areas of emphasis.
- Participates as requested in team-related services; staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family.
- Provides in-persons and phone liaison with community individuals and/or professionals with the client or on his/her behalf, as assigned by SIL Supervisor.
- Accompanies residents to medical or counseling appointments, as assigned by supervisor, to provide and receive input regarding the resident’s needs.
- Develops and teaches groups and/or classes to address needs within the Individual Service Plans as assigned by SIL Supervisor.
- Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session and/or significant contact with resident, according to defined documentation procedures. Submits case management and family communication reports and billing forms (for payroll) on time as instructed by supervisor.
- Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot/should not be provided by the Life Coach: e.g. medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, housecleaner, etc.
- Clear and document all communication with family members with the SIL Supervisor.
Email Cover letter and Resume
RESPONSIBLE TO: EMPLOYMENT DIRECTOR
High School diploma plus (A) some related college coursework or job coach training and (B) preferred two years relevant work experience in competitive, sheltered or supported employment activities with persons with cognitive and/or emotional disabilities. CPR and First Aid certified; “clean” driving record.
In this rewarding position, the Job Coach provides support, counseling and instruction to individuals searching for a job who have developmental disabilities.
This position is 30-40 hours per week and not more than five days per week and includes Saturdays.
- Will service the Hyannis, Mashpee and Plymouth communities.
- Provide transportation to and from employment sites. Will need to use own vehicle from time to time (will be reimbursed for mileage).
- Job Coaching including preparation for the job and onsite support.
- Routine communications and problem resolution for residents on job sites.
- Documentation of each on worksite job coaching (job coaching evaluation form).
- Identify and put in place the innovative support tools needed for each successful job placement assigned.
- Develop an organized routine (structure) with the resident related to his/her approach to job related tasks.
- Conduct routine weekly checks at employment sites as identified by Employment Director.
- Maintain and oversee recording of weekly work schedules by all residents, as assigned.
Coordination and Teamwork
- Function as a member of the Employment Services team, including attendance at Employment Services meetings.
- All other related duties as assigned
A clean and valid driver’s license is required
Email Cover letter and Resume
Direct Care Professionals – Group Homes
General statement of Duties and Responsibilities
The Direct Care Professional provides direct care to physically challenged residents with learning disabilities, at Living Independently Forever, Inc., in order to maintain and improve their dignity, well-being, and safety, and to promote personal development, independence and enjoyment.
Full Time & Part Time positions available.
This position is eligible for a $250 Sign-on Bonus!
The Direct Care Professional will support residents in becoming more independent in their daily living by:
- Help plan, prepare and post a simple weekly menu.
- Assist resident(s) with housekeeping, laundry, arrange clothing by outfit and other daily chores.
- Assist resident(s) with self-administration of medications.
- Assist with personal grooming and hygiene skills.
- Assist resident(s) in preparation for their morning, evening or night routines.
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement.
- Review daily/weekly schedule.
- Prepare meals and assist with transfer of items from place to place (ie: hot and or breakable).
- Accompany to grocery shopping and other necessary personal needs shopping.
- Accompany resident(s) to a variety of fun activities and field trips.
- Other duties as determined.
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred.
- Must be Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified within six months of employment. May be obtained through LIFE.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification – may be obtained after hire through LIFE.
- Human Rights Certified – training may be obtained after hire through LIFE.
- A valid driver’s license.
Email Cover letter and Resume
All candidates must pass a CORI, fingerprinting, and have or acquire certification in First Aid and CPR.
Pluses include: experience working with the LD population, and evening/weekend availability