If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please send a cover letter along with a
resume and/or application to:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share your home and time with an adult with disabilities?
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for a wonderful young man who is very independent, loves to go to museums and attend cultural events, and needs a caring individual with whom to share a home and provide support. If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you! As a Shared Living Provider, you will:
· Open up your home and life to another, providing a pleasant, safe and supportive environment
· Provide ongoing encouragement in support of work, social and health goals
· Support increased independence, good health and involvement in the community by providing transportation to various appointments and engagements
· Assist with activities of daily living
· Oversee self-administration of medications
LIFE will support your work with:
· A generous tax-free stipend for your time
· Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
· Access to 24 hour on-call assistance for emergencies
· Respite Support
· Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred
· Ability to participate in agency-sponsored trainings
· A current and valid driver’s license
· Ability to pass a Massachusetts CORI check and a National Background Check
DOES THIS SOUND INTERESTING TO YOU?
Email Cover letter and Resume