If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please send a cover letter along with a
resume and/or application to:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Compensation: $15.00 – $16.00 DOE Excellent Benefits Package
Employment type: full-time – temporary position (approximately 5 months—may lead to full-time).
Now seeking a Full Time Life Coach/Case Manager to assist our wonderful residents in fulfilling their independent potential by assisting them in managing their daily life skills – RE: household management, shopping, menu planning, cooking, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, medical appointments, entertainment, etc. Position hours are primarily normal business hours with one evening activity weekly. Weekends primarily for special events only.
Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills. Must be a team player! Experience with Learning Disabled Individual population a plus. Social Work experience highly desired. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
• Meets individually with assigned residents, provide assessment of strengths and needs in all areas, and writes appropriate objectives
• Assures adequate attention is given to skill and growth in all aspects of the resident’s life and helps prioritize areas of emphasis in conjunction with the Employment Team
• Participates as requested in team-related services; staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family etc.
• Plans, organizes and facilitates activity one night weekly
• Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session or significant communication with residents
• Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot or should not be provided by the Life Coach: example: medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, house cleaner, etc.
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid and any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid driver’s license required with acceptable driving record; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Plymouth and Yarmouth.
We are currently seeking a Job Coach to provide on-site counseling, training and individual instruction to our wonderful LIFE residents with learning disabilities to help them reach their full potential in the workplace.
• Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized
• Have excellent verbal and training skills
• Enjoy working with people of different age groups and abilities
• Be a team player
• Have the ability to support learning disabled residents to help them build confidence and independence in the workplace.
• Must provide resident transportation to and from employment sites and will need to use personal vehicle the majority of the time (will be reimbursed for mileage)
• Must have the stamina to be present in the varied workplaces with the resident to provide proper job coaching support.
Work week is five days and may include Saturday. Position is 10-20 hours weekly. Flexible hours fall between 7:30AM and 5:30PM.
This is a position where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others–and if you choose–continue on to build a career in this high demand field, in a fun and exciting organization with exceptional growth potential!
Experience in Retail, Restaurant. Hospitality or Training background excellent
High School diploma (or equivalent) with some college or technical coursework ideal
Experience with the Learning Disabled population desired but not required
WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
MUST be willing to attend any required classes per LIFE or DDS; valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS
Email Cover letter and Resume
The Direct Care Professional provides direct care to physically challenged residents with learning disabilities, at Living Independently Forever, Inc., in order to maintain and improve their dignity, well-being, and safety, and to promote personal development, independence and enjoyment.
The Direct Care Professional will support residents in becoming more independent in their daily living by:
Email Cover letter and Resume
All candidates must pass a CORI, fingerprinting, and have or acquire certification in First Aid and CPR.
Pluses include: experience working with the LD population, and availability.