Careers at LIFE
If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please send a cover letter along with a
resume and/or application to:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Positions Currently Open:
Living Independently Forever, Inc. (LIFE), a non-profit providing supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities for over 25 years, has an exciting career opportunity for a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst). LIFE seeks a Clinical Director to provide leadership in the areas of clinical services, program evaluation, program development and training across all of our services located throughout the Cape and in Plymouth. This is a new full-time position with an established provider, featuring a vibrant staff serving exceptional adults in Supported Independent Living communities, Group Homes, Individual Supports, and Shared Living.
- Oversee and support the social and emotional needs of program participants
- Conduct functional behavior assessments
- Develop appropriate Behavior Intervention Plans to address problem behaviors and modify as needed
- Collaborate with Direct Care staff to develop and ensure high-quality implementation of evidence based practices
- Ensure appropriate behavioral data systems are implemented so that quantifiable behavioral data is collected consistently to allow for evaluation of behavior plans and the achievement of individual goals and objectives
- Analyze data collected by staff, in order to determine effectiveness and develop evidence based interventions
- Address behavioral difficulties and provide crisis intervention as needed for identified participants
- Attend ISP and other meetings as necessary
- Home visits may be required for observations
- BCBA Strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree desired
- Experience working with individuals with Autism and learning disabilities required
- A problem-solver with excellent organizational skills
- A gifted communicator, highly organized with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter able to perform autonomously with minimal supervision
- A trailblazer, able to develop a quality clinical discipline within established communities
LIFE offers excellent benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, LTD insurance, access to FSA and HSA, a matching 403b, and generous paid time off.
Email Cover letter and Resume
Group Homes/Individual Support/Direct Care Professionals
General statement of Duties and Responsibilities
The Direct Care Professional provides direct care to physically challenged residents with learning disabilities, at Living Independently Forever, Inc., in order to maintain and improve their dignity, well-being, and safety, and to promote personal development, independence and enjoyment.
Part Time positions available!
The Direct Care Professional will support residents in becoming more independent in their daily living by:
- Help plan, prepare and post a simple weekly menu.
- Assist resident(s) with housekeeping, laundry, arrange clothing by outfit and other daily chores.
- Assist resident(s) with self-administration of medications.
- Assist with personal grooming and hygiene skills.
- Assist resident(s) in preparation for their morning, evening or night routines.
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement.
- Review daily/weekly schedule.
- Prepare meals and assist with transfer of items from place to place (ie: hot and or breakable).
- Accompany to grocery shopping and other necessary personal needs shopping.
- Accompany resident(s) to a variety of fun activities and field trips.
- Other duties as determined.
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred.
- Must be Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified within six months of employment. May be obtained through LIFE.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification – may be obtained after hire through LIFE.
- Human Rights Certified – training may be obtained after hire through LIFE.
- A valid driver’s license.
Email Cover letter and Resume
All candidates must pass a CORI, fingerprinting, and have or acquire certification in First Aid and CPR.
Pluses include: experience working with the LD population, and availability.