Careers @ LIFE
Careers @ LIFE
Careers at LIFE
If you’re looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider joining the LIFE team. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please use our online application or mail a cover letter along with a resume and/or application to:
Living Independently Forever Inc.
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road Ext.
Hyannis, MA 02601
Direct Service Professionals in Small Group Home
This may be the position you have been looking for!!!
36 hours a week, $15.00 per hour and $1.00 for all working hours—also eligible for the retention bonus of $1,000 if on board by February 28, 2021!
This is a role where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others–and if you choose–begin or continue to build a career in this high demand field, in an organization with exceptional growth potential.
LIFE is currently seeking one employee to work three 12-hour overnight shifts on Sunday 9:00 pm to 9:00 am; Monday 9:00 pm to 9:00 am and Friday 9:00 pm to 9:00 am.
Candidate must be caring and patient as this home works with our Aging in Place cognitively disabled adults in their beautiful Home in Hyannis. This home has four clients in residence. You will never find a nicer group of individuals to support.
This particular home does require some additional hands on with the residents in their personal care and ADL’s and therefore offers an additional $1.00 per hour for all hours worked. Prior PCA or CNA education or experience great, but not required.
EXCELLENT benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, paid sick time, medical insurance, dental insurance, and life and long-term disability insurance.
The support of these positive and joy-filled learning-disabled residents is done through:
• Instruction, guidance and by serving as a positive example to these active adults.
• Assisting them to maximize and maintain their independence in the community and their home by assisting with life skills (cooking, planning and reviewing daily/weekly schedules, cleaning).
• Assisting in preparation for their morning, evening or night routines as needed, etc. and on errands and social activities in the community or virtually.
• Ensuring that the Home role modeled by the staff maintains sanitary conditions of workspaces and vehicles and complies with LIFE guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (e.g., uses PPE, social distancing, etc.).
• Applicant must be able to project a positive and patient personality and provide ongoing support, interaction and encouragement to our clients.
• Must be +18 years old
• MUST BE KIND, PATIENT and HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
• Valid driver’s license required with acceptable driving record and reliable vehicle. (Mileage is reimbursed on the rare occasion when driving your personal vehicle is required.)
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with supported individuals, coworkers and parents.
• Must be able to manage an individual email account and basic computer entries as needed.
• Must have the ability to support and participate in the active lifestyle our residents enjoy.
• Some personal care assistance may be needed at times. Prior PCA or CNA experience excellent, but not required.
• Experience with learning disabled population a plus (employment, volunteer, or personal) but WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT APPLICANT.
• Must be dependable.
• Must be willing to attend required training classes including Human Rights, CPR/First Aid and MAP Training.
• MUST be able to pass a CORI/Fingerprint/MVR check per DDS guidelines.
This is a position where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, and if you choose, begin or continue to build a career in this high demand field, in an organization with exceptional growth potential!
EXCELLENT benefits package for employees who work 30+ hours weekly including medical, dental, life, paid time off, holidays, etc. after 30 days of employment!
Feel free to check out our website to learn more about what we do, and then respond with a resume and a brief cover letter including your phone number and email address OR complete our online employment application.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve almost 200 clients with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Yarmouth, Sandwich and Plymouth.
LIFE is an equal opportunity employer who CELEBRATES the diversity of our staff!
Maintenance Supervisor (Hyannis, Mashpee)
LIFE is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to oversee day to day safety and maintenance of our Hyannis and Mashpee community and group homes. The position is approximately 30 hours per week, primarily Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills and broad knowledge of facility maintenance, such as light carpentry, painting, etc., ability to work independently; ability to determine when outside vendors should be utilized; ability to listen and patiently work around our amazing learning/developmentally disabled population.
Position would include managing landscaping, irrigation systems, snow removal, oversight of maintenance and repair of all LIFE vehicles including registrations, inspections and accident repair.
Plan and organize LIFE annual maintenance inspections (fire sprinkler, fire extinguisher, etc.).
Maintain all standards for DDS (Department of Development Services) such as water testing, furnace and hot water heater inspections.
Participate in safety committee meetings and working with the condominium association and owners.
Available as needed for emergencies.
Position includes paid time off, holidays, and sick days. Full benefits eligible: medical, dental, life and LTD insurance.
To apply, please send with a brief letter of interest including your address, phone number and resume.
LIFE is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism, developmental & intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE serves over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Plymouth, Falmouth, Sandwich and Yarmouth.
LIFE is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates the diversity of our staff and participants.
COVID-19 considerations: wearing a disposable mask at all times is required.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Full-time 40 hours, 9-5-ish. We have some flexibility on exact hours. Employee will participate in LIFE’s generous quarterly bonus program after one year of employment.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper handles all accounting needs including:
• Preparation of financial statements for senior management.
• Reviewing entries from basic tasks (A/P, A/R) to ensure that the correct general ledger accounts are debited and credited accordingly.
• Reconciling monthly cash and investment statements and all balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare Journal Entries and enter for accounts such as fixed assets, depreciation, deferred revenue, and prepaid expenses.
• Analyzing the trial balance monthly making any adjusting entries to correct discrepancies.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and the auditing process and monitor internal controls.
• Review, analyze, and prepare billing reports for state contracts and communicating discrepancies with the management team.
• Additional duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and senior management team.
• Associate degree in accounting or business required (or strong relative work experience)
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational & analytical skills
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel
• Financial software, FNXT experience preferred
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Plymouth, Falmouth Sandwich and Yarmouth.
LIFE is an EOE who celebrates the diversity of their staff and participants!
Shared Living Provider
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share a home and time with an adult with cognitive disabilities?
If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you!
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for a client who will thrive best in a home-like setting. We are currently seeking a caring individual (or family) who are willing to share a home with him.
Our client is a very active and social young man who enjoys singing, sports, dances, video games, and spending time in the community. He has a busy schedule between school, volunteer work, chorus and CBDS—the community-based day support program he attends.
The Shared Living Provider must be able to support this young man with transportation and be able to provide continuous supervision between self and respite staff.
Mandatory training will be provided by LIFE for Human Rights, CPR and First Aid, as well as any other trainings necessary to deliver excellent support and to maintain a positive and supportive home.
For a provider who is able to provide calm and patient one-on-one attention, this will be a rewarding experience as he grows, matures, and achieves goals while settling into LIFE and the community at large.
• Provide pleasant supervision, companionship, assistance and a level of support to assist resident in attaining their maximum level of independence, self-fulfillment and happiness, encompassing the personal and social needs of the resident.
• Provide quality supervision, companionship, skills development, and involvement in the local community, and LIFE activities.
• Maintaining a healthy and safe living environment within the Shared Living Home.
• Facilitating the development of and fostering the continuity of relationships between the resident and his/her family members, friends and other LIFE Inc. consumers.
• Providing transportation on a routine basis for resident.
• Participation in the development and implementation of resident’s Individual Support Plan (ISP).
.• Documentation and maintenance of all required records, reports and all documentation (financial, medical, data collection or others as required) regarding resident, protecting documents in accordance with DDS (Department of Developmental Services) and LIFE, Inc. requirements.
• Overseeing the expenses of running the household, subject to oversight, audit and review by LIFE and the family for all routine expenses (food, laundry supplies, toiletries, cleaning supplies, home repairs.)
• Completion of weekly progress notes to accurately reflect the resident’s level of support provided as outlined in the ISP and to document any changes required.
• Oversee self-administration of medications.
LIFE will support your work with:
- A generous stipend
- Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
- Respite support
- PATIENCE, KINDNESS and COMPASSION
- A commitment to the individual supported
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to participate in agency-sponsored training
- Current and valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass a MA CORI check and a National Fingerprint Background Check per DDS guidelines
CAN YOU PICTURE
YOURSELF AT LIFE?
Call to schedule a tour: 508.790.3600
Main office: LIFE, Inc., 550 Lincoln Road Extension, Hyannis, MA 02601
Living Independently Forever, Inc. is a non-profit with multiple locations throughout Southeast Massachusetts supporting adults with autism, learning disabilities, and intellectual disabilities in their pursuit of a happy, independent life.