Careers @ LIFE
Careers @ LIFE
Careers at LIFE
If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please mail a cover letter along with a resume and/or application OR use our online application:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Positions Currently Open:
Maintain general ledger records including multiple journal entries and account reconciliation; prepare and analyze budgets and financial reports; bank account reconciliations and perform general bookkeeping. Highly motivated individual with excellent organizational skills to manage large volumes of information and multiple assignments.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounting Records
- Prepare Financial Statements
- Ensure Accuracy of Financial Information
- Participate in the Auditing Processes
- Monitor Internal Controls
- Participate in Budgeting Processes
- Analyze Client Support Hours for Accurate Billings
- Manage State Contracts
- Assist Director of Finance with other duties as requested
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Attention to detail and an eye for a high level of accuracy
- Experience in Accounting Reconciliations (Bank & G/L Account)
- Experience with financial software, FNXT experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- DDS/State billing experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and competence in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to plan, organize, prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously is essential
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well/collaborate within a team while working independently with minimal supervision
MUST be able to pass a CORI/Fingerprint/MVR check per DDS guidelines.
EXCELLENT benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, Holidays, etc.
Feel free to check out our website to learn more about what we do and then respond with a resume and a brief cover letter including your phone number and email address, complete online application (see above), OR email for an employment application. Send to Jenn Hamm at [email protected].
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 150 clients with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Yarmouth, Sandwich and Plymouth.
LIFE is an EOE who embraces the diversity of our staff!
Community Direct Care Professional (Mid Cape Area)
Must be +18 years old
Kindness and patience!!!
Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with supported individuals, parents and coworkers
Must have basic computer skills
Experience with Learning Disabled population a plus, but WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON
Must be able to pass a CORI and fingerprint background check
Must be willing to attend required training classes (LIFE will provide)
LIFE is an EOE that celebrates the diversity of our staff!
Email Cover letter and Resume
SHARED LIVING PROVIDER
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share a home and time with an adult with cognitive disabilities?
If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you!
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for a client who will thrive best in a home-like setting. We are currently seeking a caring individual (or family) who are willing to share a home with him.
Our client is a very active and social young man who enjoys singing, sports, dances, video games, and spending time in the community. He has a busy schedule between school, volunteer work, chorus and CBDS—the community-based day support program he attends.
The SHARED LIVING PROVIDER must be able to support this young man with transportation and be able to provide continuous supervision between self and respite staff.
Mandatory training will be provided by LIFE for Human Rights, CPR and First Aid as well as well as any other trainings necessary to deliver excellent support and to maintain a positive and supportive home.
For a provider who is able to provide calm and patient one on one attention, this will be a rewarding experience as he grows, matures, and achieves goals while settling into LIFE and the community at large.
As a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER, your Job Responsibilities would include:
*Provide pleasant supervision, companionship, assistance and a level of support to assist resident in attaining their maximum level of independence, self-fulfillment and happiness, encompassing the personal and social needs of the resident
*Provide quality supervision, companionship, skills development, and involvement in the local community, and LIFE activities
*Maintaining a healthy and safe living environment within the Shared Living Home
*Facilitating the development of and fostering the continuity of relationships between the resident and his/her family members, friends and other LIFE Inc. consumers.
*Providing transportation on a routine basis for resident
*Participation in the development and implementation of resident’s Individual Support Plan (ISP)
*Documentation and maintenance of all required records, reports and all documentation (financial, medical, data collection or others as required) regarding resident, protecting documents in accordance with DDS (Department of Developmental Services) and LIFE, Inc. requirements
*Overseeing the expenses of running the household, subject to oversight, audit and review by LIFE and the family for all routine expenses (food, laundry supplies, toiletries, cleaning supplies, home repairs.)
*Completion of weekly progress notes to accurately reflect the resident’s level of support provided as outlined in the ISP and to document any changes required
*Oversee self-administration of medications
LIFE will support your work with:
- A Generous stipend
- Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
- Respite Support
- PATIENCE, KINDNESS and COMPASSION
- A commitment to the individual supported
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to participate in agency-sponsored training
- A current and valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass a MA CORI check and a National Fingerprint Background Check per DDS guidelines
Email Cover letter and Resume
CAN YOU PICTURE
YOURSELF AT LIFE?
Call to schedule a tour: 508.790.3600
LIFE, Inc., 550 Lincoln Road Extension, Hyannis, MA 02601
175 Great Neck Road South, Mashpee, MA 02649
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization, providing supportive services for independent living for adults with learning and intellectual disabilities. LIFE services individuals all across Cape Cod. We have plans for further expansion.