If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please send a cover letter along with a
resume and/or application to:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
(Compensation TBD DOE with EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS!)
We are currently seeking a caring and experienced individual to join the LIFE family as a GROUP HOME MANAGER for our brand new Hyannis Group Home for four adults with learning, cognitive and age-related disabilities. Most of these individuals have been with the LIFE program for a long time.
The Group Home Manager will oversee the clinical, financial and administrative needs of the EXCEPTIONAL residents we serve. The person in this position will ensure that regulations are followed, and that all quality standards for the residents in the group home are being met. Additional responsibilities include managing, scheduling and training staff; working with appropriate agencies to assist and support the individuals; working with the staff to assist individuals in developing the skills they need to function as independently as possible within the community for self-fulfillment and happiness.
Applicant must be able to project a positive personality and provide ongoing support, interaction, kindness and encouragement. Must also be able to work as part of the Group Home Management Team for the benefit of all of the LIFE residents.
• Education or experience with Learning Disabled Population Required. Management Experience a plus.
• Experience with aging population a plus.
• Work schedule flexibility–Majority of shifts are Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM–however a few evening and weekend shifts will be required monthly so you can manage the entire team (or in a pinch for coverage)
• Prior work in a Group Home
• Strong organizational and administrative skills required
• Good computer skills needed
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with coworkers, supported individuals, families and relative agencies
• Strong time management skills needed
• Must be willing to attend required training classes (CPR/First Aid, Human Rights and MAP training) and further development classes as needed
• Valid driver’s license required
• MUST be able to pass a CORI, Fingerprint and Driving check
Please respond with your résumé and a brief cover letter including your phone number and e-mail address.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 150 clients with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Yarmouth and Plymouth.
Email Cover letter and Resume
compensation: $14.00-$15.00 DOE
(EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS FOR 30 HOURS +)
As Summer arrives is it time for a change? We have a way for you to use your hospitality or customer service skills in a new and exciting way! We will train you to apply them to assisting our engaging and active residents.
Or if you are working in the field already–that is even better! Prior HHA, PCA, Learning Disabled or Elder care experience personal or professional
LIFE (Living Independently Forever) is currently seeking caring individuals to join the LIFE family as Direct Care Professionals in our Hyannis and Mashpee area Group Homes providing instruction, support, and to serve as a positive example to our wonderful and active residents with learning disabilities inside the group home residence and on errands, appointments and fun activities in the community.
Seeking the following shifts:
Full time hours in 4 days
2pm-9pm Monday & Friday
9am-9pm Saturday and Sunday
Also seeking: 2 – 12 hours Sunday Shifts
A great role for anyone who wants a position where they can make a difference in the lives of others, and if you choose, begin to build a career in this high demand field, in an organization with exceptional growth potential!
$250 Bonus after 6 months of employment if all required trainings completed and in good standing. EXCELLENT benefits for full-time employment (over 30 hours)
• MUST BE KIND, PATIENT and HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
• Must have basic computer skills and ability to learn a program
(i-Centrix) and manage e-mail
• Must have the ability to support and participate in the active lifestyle our residents enjoy
• Must be willing to attend required training classes including MAP Training
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Valid Driver’s License required with reliable transportation
• MUST be able to pass a CORI/Fingerprint/MVR check
If still interested, respond with your résumé and a brief cover letter including your phone number, e-mail address and availability, or email for an application.
Email Cover letter and Resume
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share your home and time with an adult with disabilities?
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for one of our wonderful clients who needs a caring individual with whom to share a home and provide support. If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you! As a Shared Living Provider, you will:
• Open up your home and life to another, providing a pleasant, safe and supportive environment
• Provide ongoing encouragement in support of work, social and health goals
• Support increased independence, good health and involvement in the community by providing transportation to various appointments and engagements
• Assist with activities of daily living
• Oversee self-administration of medications
LIFE will support your work with:
• A generous stipend for your time
• Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
• Access to 24 hour on-call assistance for emergencies
• Respite Support
• Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred
• Ability to participate in agency-sponsored trainings
• A current and valid driver’s license
• Ability to pass a Massachusetts CORI check and a National Background Check
Email Cover letter and Resume