Careers @ LIFE
Careers @ LIFE
Careers at LIFE
If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please mail a cover letter along with a resume and/or application or use our online application:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road Ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Positions Currently Open:
Life Coach (Case and Money Manager) Mashpee, MA
Position is located on-site in Mashpee, MA (not a remote position).
LIFE is seeking a Full Time Case Manager/LIFE Coach to assist our wonderful residents with learning and cognitive disabilities to fulfill their independent potential by supporting them in managing their daily life skills: money management, household management, shopping, menu planning, cooking, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, transportation needs, medical appointments, entertainment, etc.
Position hours are 40 hours primarily performed during normal business hours (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.), but may rarely require a later evening or weekend.
Applicant must be patient, vibrant, energetic and highly organized with excellent time management skills; must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; must possess excellent money management skills, strong computer skills; and the ability to multi- task. Must be a team player! Experience with Learning Disabled population required. Bachelor’s Degree OR 3+ years of directly related experience required.
• Assist assigned residents with the management of their bills and finances–overall money management
• Assist assigned residents with medical appointments and medication organization and proper documentation
• Meets individually with assigned residents, provide assessment of strengths and needs in all areas, and writes appropriate objectives and goals (ISP’s)
• Assures adequate attention is given to skill and growth in all aspects of the resident’s life and helps prioritize areas of emphasis in conjunction with the employment team
• Participates in team-related services, DDS meetings, staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family etc.
• Plans, organizes and facilitates resident activity two evenings weekly
• Role models appropriate behavior and encourages residents in leading a healthy and active lifestyle
• Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session or significant communication with residents
• Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot or should not be provided by the Life Coach: example: medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, house cleaner, etc.
* Focus all interactions towards helping the residents increase their independence and the quality of their day to day LIFE.
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid and any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes.
Valid driver’s license required with acceptable driving record and dependable transportation. Must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
To apply, please email your resume and brief cover letter or apply online.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 150 clients with locations in Mashpee, Centerville, Hyannis, Falmouth, Plymouth and Yarmouth.
LIFE is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates the diversity of our staff! We invite you to explore our website to learn more about us.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Full time 40 Hours, 9-5 (-ish. We have some flexibility on exact hours.) Employee will participate in LIFE’s generous quarterly Bonus Program after one year of employment.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper handles all accounting needs including:
• Preparation of financial statements for senior management.
• Reviewing entries from basic tasks (A/P, A/R) to ensure that the correct general ledger accounts are debited and credited accordingly.
• Reconciling monthly cash and investment statements and all balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare Journal Entries and enter for accounts such as fixed assets, depreciation, deferred revenue, and prepaid expenses.
• Analyzing the trial balance monthly making any adjusting entries to correct discrepancies.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and the auditing process and monitor internal controls.
• Review, analyze, and prepare billing reports for state contracts and communicating discrepancies with the management team.
• Additional duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and senior management team.
• Associate degree in accounting or business required (or strong relative work experience)
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational & analytical skills
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel
• Financial software, FNXT experience preferred
To apply, please email your resume and brief cover letter or apply online.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Plymouth, Falmouth Sandwich and Yarmouth.
LIFE is an EOE who celebrates the diversity of their staff and participants!
Community Direct Care Professional (Mid Cape Area)
Must be +18 years old
Kindness and patience!!!
Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with supported individuals, parents and coworkers
Must have basic computer skills
Experience with Learning Disabled population a plus, but WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON
Must be able to pass a CORI and fingerprint background check
Must be willing to attend required training classes (LIFE will provide)
LIFE is an EOE that celebrates the diversity of our staff!
Shared Living Provider
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share a home and time with an adult with cognitive disabilities?
If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you!
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for a client who will thrive best in a home-like setting. We are currently seeking a caring individual (or family) who are willing to share a home with him.
Our client is a very active and social young man who enjoys singing, sports, dances, video games, and spending time in the community. He has a busy schedule between school, volunteer work, chorus and CBDS—the community-based day support program he attends.
The SHARED LIVING PROVIDER must be able to support this young man with transportation and be able to provide continuous supervision between self and respite staff.
Mandatory training will be provided by LIFE for Human Rights, CPR and First Aid as well as well as any other trainings necessary to deliver excellent support and to maintain a positive and supportive home.
For a provider who is able to provide calm and patient one on one attention, this will be a rewarding experience as he grows, matures, and achieves goals while settling into LIFE and the community at large.
As a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER, your Job Responsibilities would include:
*Provide pleasant supervision, companionship, assistance and a level of support to assist resident in attaining their maximum level of independence, self-fulfillment and happiness, encompassing the personal and social needs of the resident
*Provide quality supervision, companionship, skills development, and involvement in the local community, and LIFE activities
*Maintaining a healthy and safe living environment within the Shared Living Home
*Facilitating the development of and fostering the continuity of relationships between the resident and his/her family members, friends and other LIFE Inc. consumers.
*Providing transportation on a routine basis for resident
*Participation in the development and implementation of resident’s Individual Support Plan (ISP)
*Documentation and maintenance of all required records, reports and all documentation (financial, medical, data collection or others as required) regarding resident, protecting documents in accordance with DDS (Department of Developmental Services) and LIFE, Inc. requirements
*Overseeing the expenses of running the household, subject to oversight, audit and review by LIFE and the family for all routine expenses (food, laundry supplies, toiletries, cleaning supplies, home repairs.)
*Completion of weekly progress notes to accurately reflect the resident’s level of support provided as outlined in the ISP and to document any changes required
*Oversee self-administration of medications
LIFE will support your work with:
- A generous stipend
- Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
- Respite support
- PATIENCE, KINDNESS and COMPASSION
- A commitment to the individual supported
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to participate in agency-sponsored training
- Current and valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass a MA CORI check and a National Fingerprint Background Check per DDS guidelines
Email Cover letter and Resume
CAN YOU PICTURE
YOURSELF AT LIFE?
Call to schedule a tour: 508.790.3600
Main office: LIFE, Inc., 550 Lincoln Road Extension, Hyannis, MA 02601
Living Independently Forever, Inc. is a non-profit with multiple locations throughout Southeast Massachusetts supporting adults with autism, learning disabilities, and intellectual disabilities in their pursuit of a happy, independent life.