Careers @ LIFE
Careers @ LIFE
Careers at LIFE
If you are looking for a rewarding position with a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit organization, please consider a job at LIFE. Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. LIFE is committed to worksite diversity.
Please mail a cover letter along with a resume and/or application OR use our online application:
Attention: Human Resource Director
550 Lincoln Road ext., Hyannis, MA 02601
Positions Currently Open:
Community Direct Care Professional (Mid Cape Area)
Must be +18 years old
Kindness and patience!!!
Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with supported individuals, parents and coworkers
Must have basic computer skills
Experience with Learning Disabled population a plus, but WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON
Must be able to pass a CORI and fingerprint background check
Must be willing to attend required training classes (LIFE will provide)
LIFE is an EOE that celebrates the diversity of our staff!
Email Cover letter and Resume
DIRECTOR of SUPPORTED INDEPENDENT LIVING COMMUNITY
Rare opportunity to join Living Independently Forever (LIFE) as a member of our senior operations team as the Director of our Supported Independent Living (SIL) Community in Plymouth, MA.
LIFE is searching for a creative, outgoing, organized and self-motivated individual to oversee and lead all aspects of the fully integrated community–ensuring growth, safety and the well-being of the individuals we serve.
LIFE is a non-profit organization providing supportive services for independent living for adults with learning and intellectual disabilities operating since 1994 across Cape Cod and Plymouth.
Managerial/ Administrative: The Director of SIL is responsible for the direct management and supervision of the facilities and staff and to assure the quality of care and supports for the consumers of the community.
- Arrange service coordination with staff for each client to ensure timely and thorough
completion of assessments, annual goals (ISP’s/IPP’s) and Progress Reviews
- Oversee regular reviews of social offerings of the Plymouth community, assuring that the needs and interests of residents are met by provided services
- Participate in the hiring process of SIL staff as needed
- Make recommendations (in conjunction with the service team) each April to Executive
- Director for next-year service contracts for residents, as well as recommendations for movement within (or exit from) the LIFE Program
- Participate in activities involved with Annual Families Conference and/or other special events once or twice per year
- Serve as primary liaison with families of residents within the Plymouth LIFE Community
- Serve as Director of LIFE Quality Management and ensure compliance with all DDS requirements
- Read and research staff case management notes in order to remain current on resident issues and quality of case managers and money managers and assure that DDS funded service hours are met and accurately entered monthly by all staff
- Oversee regular Plymouth staff meetings to promote communication, development and teamwork amongst all staff members
- Initiate and follow-through to completion on liaison with outside professionals for medical, educational, psychological, legal or other needs of the Plymouth residents
- Complete employee performance evaluations for assigned in a timely, thorough and objective manner and make recommendations to the Executive Director for changes in employment status recommendations
- Participate in the Plymouth “On call” rotation for weekends and evenings (approximately 1 week every 2 months)
- Manage and coach staff to maximize their contribution to the LIFE Mission statement and advocate as needed for the benefit of the clients and organization
- Maintain a small, direct service caseload of residents based on means for best meeting residents; needs
- Provide direct services to residents when fill-in needs arise due to specific or extended staff absences
- Meet with residents and their Caseworkers & Money Managers in order to resolve issues as
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree; related Masters & Level Coursework a plus
- Five years’; experience in progressive roles working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Minimum of two years of related supervisory/management experience
- Respondent must be able to pass a CORI, Fingerprinting, have an acceptable driving record and be willing to take any required or recommended trainings for the position.
LIFE offers a full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD Insurance, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays & More
Email Cover letter and Resume
SHARED LIVING PROVIDER
Are you looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting?
Do you have a willingness to share a home and time with an adult with cognitive disabilities?
If you are a compassionate, competent individual looking for meaningful work in a non-traditional setting, we want to hear from you!
Living Independently Forever, Inc., (LIFE) a provider of supported independent living for adults with learning disabilities and autism, is seeking a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER for a client who will thrive best in a home-like setting. We are currently seeking a caring individual (or family) who are willing to share a home with him.
Our client is a very active and social young man who enjoys singing, sports, dances, video games, and spending time in the community. He has a busy schedule between school, volunteer work, chorus and CBDS—the community-based day support program he attends.
The SHARED LIVING PROVIDER must be able to support this young man with transportation and be able to provide continuous supervision between self and respite staff.
Mandatory training will be provided by LIFE for Human Rights, CPR and First Aid as well as well as any other trainings necessary to deliver excellent support and to maintain a positive and supportive home.
For a provider who is able to provide calm and patient one on one attention, this will be a rewarding experience as he grows, matures, and achieves goals while settling into LIFE and the community at large.
As a SHARED LIVING PROVIDER, your Job Responsibilities would include:
*Provide pleasant supervision, companionship, assistance and a level of support to assist resident in attaining their maximum level of independence, self-fulfillment and happiness, encompassing the personal and social needs of the resident
*Provide quality supervision, companionship, skills development, and involvement in the local community, and LIFE activities
*Maintaining a healthy and safe living environment within the Shared Living Home
*Facilitating the development of and fostering the continuity of relationships between the resident and his/her family members, friends and other LIFE Inc. consumers.
*Providing transportation on a routine basis for resident
*Participation in the development and implementation of resident’s Individual Support Plan (ISP)
*Documentation and maintenance of all required records, reports and all documentation (financial, medical, data collection or others as required) regarding resident, protecting documents in accordance with DDS (Department of Developmental Services) and LIFE, Inc. requirements
*Overseeing the expenses of running the household, subject to oversight, audit and review by LIFE and the family for all routine expenses (food, laundry supplies, toiletries, cleaning supplies, home repairs.)
*Completion of weekly progress notes to accurately reflect the resident’s level of support provided as outlined in the ISP and to document any changes required
*Oversee self-administration of medications
LIFE will support your work with:
- A Generous stipend
- Ongoing training and support to make sure you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to provide excellent care
- Respite Support
- PATIENCE, KINDNESS and COMPASSION
- A commitment to the individual supported
- Experience and knowledge working with individuals with learning disabilities preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to participate in agency-sponsored training
- A current and valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass a MA CORI check and a National Fingerprint Background Check per DDS guidelines
Email Cover letter and Resume
LIFE COACH/CASE & MONEY MANAGER
LIFE is currently seeking a Full Time LIFE Coach/Case and Money Manager to assist our friendly and outgoing residents in fulfilling their independent potential by assisting them in managing their daily life skills – re: entertainment, household management, shopping, menu planning, cooking, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, transportation needs, medical appointments, etc.
Position hours are primarily normal business hours but do include a half-day every other Saturday or Sunday (Employee Choice) and an occasional evening. We can usually be flexible to your needs.
Experience with Learning Disabled population required. Social Service Work experience highly desired. Bachelor’s Degree OR 3+ years of directly related experience required. (Volunteer work can be substituted for paid experience)
Applicant must be:
- willing to participate in Recreation Activity; Fantasy Football; Special Olympics support; etc.
- a positive Team Player
- patient, vibrant and energetic
- highly organized with excellent time management skills
- able to communicate effectively both through verbal and written communications
- able to work with residents to exhibit strong money management skills
- willing to engage in activities that encourage the knowledge of health and wellness
- Assisting assigned residents with the management of their bills and finances–overall money
- Assisting assigned residents with medical appointments and medication organization and
- Working with assigned residents in identifying and working on objectives and goals (ISP’s)
- Assuring adequate attention is given to skill and growth in all aspects of the resident’s life and helps prioritize areas of emphasis in conjunction with the Employment Team
- Participating in team-related services; DDS meetings, staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family etc.
- Planning, organizing and facilitating resident activities one-two evenings weekly
- Role modeling appropriate behavior and encouraging residents in leading a healthy and active lifestyle
- Writing service reports as routine documentation after every session or significant communication with residents
- Making recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot or should not be provided by the Case Manager: example: medication changes, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, house cleaner, etc.
- Focusing all interactions towards helping the resident increase their independence and the quality of their day to day LIFE.
Full-time position includes benefits Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid and any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes.
Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record and dependable transportation; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
Email Cover letter and Resume
CAN YOU PICTURE
YOURSELF AT LIFE?
Call to schedule a tour: 508.790.3600
LIFE, Inc., 550 Lincoln Road Extension, Hyannis, MA 02601
175 Great Neck Road South, Mashpee, MA 02649
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization, providing supportive services for independent living for adults with learning and intellectual disabilities. LIFE services individuals all across Cape Cod. We have plans for further expansion.